[nopath::desktop_site_core_vice:ffj:english] [nopath::vice_model_desktop_member:ffj:english] [nopath::vice_javascript_logged_in_member:ffj:english]
Close Please enter your Username and Password

annathewriter 67F
36 posts
6/21/2008 1:57 pm
How do you fireproof furniture?

Anybody into property rental? I just discovered that in the UK when renting out property all upholstered furniture must carry a label saying it meets fireproofing standards.

Now I'm wondering about my furniture at home.
How do you check that furniture you have at home is fireproof?

Can you get re-upholstery or a fireproofing spray?

I searched on line but the only fireproofing spray I found was for theatres and not suitable for home use because it was not waterproof so it you tipped a glass of water over it or cleaned it with a damp rag it lost its waterproofing.

I called in a firm which offers (fireproof) new covers, and re-upholstery but they didn't seem to be able to do it.

Somebody suggested I should call Citizens Advice Bureau but my local one doesn't answer phone calls. They keep short hours and are far away.

Any other suggestions?

Become a member to comment on this blog